Please visit these websitesfor additional rescue information:
To meet some of the manywonderful Papillons we have assisted over the years, visit the:
Photo Galleryof Rescue Dogs 1994- 2003
Colorado Papillon Rescue (CPR) was established in 1994 by Tracy Burdick as thestatewide contact to assist homeless Papillons via membership in the of Colorado. CPR accepts Papillons from shelters orowners, places them in foster care, provides necessary veterinarycare (including vaccinations and spay/neuter), andscreens and selects adoptive homes. During 1995-2003, we were affiliatedwith the Papillon Club of America Rescue and operated under PCA'sguidelines. We currently operate as a private rescue group under ABRNguidelines.
If you areinterested in adopting a rescue Papillon, please note the following:
- All rescue Papillons are spayed or neutered and vaccinated prior to adoption.
- An adoption fee is required (rescue efforts and veterinary care is funded in part from the adoption fees).
- Adoptive persons must sign an adoption agreement.
- The age, background, and medical history of these dogs could be unknown.
- Adoptions are always on a trial basis to ensure compatibility of the dog and adoptive family.
- The average age of a rescued Papillon is 3-5 years (if known).
The adoption process begins with completion of an adoption application and also involves a home visit and reference checks.
View these links for very important information:
A tribute to themany rescued Papillons which have shared my home...
I Do Come WithBaggage
Now that I amhome, bathed, settled and fed,
All nicely tucked in my warm new bed,
I'd like to open my baggage, least I forget,
There is so much to carry...
So much to regret.
Hmm...yes thereis, right on top,
Let's unpack Loneliness, Heartache, and Loss,
And there by my leash hides Fear and Shame,
As I look on these things I tried so hard to leave,
I still have to unpack my baggage called Pain.
I loved them, theothers, the ones who left me,
But I wasn't good enough, for they didn't want me.
Will you add to my baggage? Will you help me unpack?
Or will you just look at my things...
And take me right back?
Do you have timeto help me unpack?
To put away my baggage, to never repack?
I pray that you do...I'm so tired you see,
But I do come with baggage,
So will you still want me?